[Bloat] weird problem WRT1200 + CAKE on OpenWrt 18.06.2

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Fri Aug 9 04:38:46 EDT 2019

Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> writes:

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2019, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>
>> This looks like you're running sqm-scripts on a VLAN interface? Does it
>> make any difference if you run it on the physical eth1?
>
> Due to how the WRT1200AC is set up internally, this is the only way to do
> it. It's how "wan" is set up.

Ah right, I see. My Turris Omnia does something similar, but also has a
separate hardwired WAN port. I just assumed the WRT1200AC was similar
(it's been a while since I used mine, since I replaced it with the Omnia).

Another thing you could try, to confirm that the culprit is the shaper,
is to use HTB as a shaper and run CAKE in unlimited mode as the leaf
qdisc. This *should* work, and if it doesn't give you the latency
spikes, then its definitely a wink in the direction of the shaper...

-Toke