[Bloat] [Ecn-sane] abc congestion control on time varying wireless links

David P. Reed dpreed at deepplum.com
Wed Dec 11 16:30:11 EST 2019

I should explain that my motivation in writing the previous review is twofold:

1) I think the authors are very capable of doing great and valuable work. And they have in the past done so.

2) Intellectual honesty, professional honesty, and rigor are values that seem to have been declining over the years, in favor of a pragmatic sense that anything that can get published is important. (I think it has been reinforced by the idea that counting publications in good journals is the only metric of scientific contribution that counts, even at MIT). To me, this is a VERY important value. I learned that from my mentors, Jerry Saltzer and F.J. Corbato, who were relentless in making sure publications were worthy.