[Bloat] seeing the internets explode over someone treating y2k as "fake news"

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 12:01:00 EST 2019

cheers me up to see so many people share their personal Y2K stories.

https://twitter.com/adrienneleigh/status/1211134187253719040

I wrote one, myself - "chicken soup for engineers", in 2002, in trying
to create an existential myth
http://www.taht.net/~mtaht/uncle_bills_helicopter.html to compensate
for the lack of reward for proper planning ahead.

I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if Jim hadn't sunk the
time in to understand bufferbloat, and the alarm not not sounded for
years longer. Or what would happen if we'd just ignored spectre, or
thousands of other bugs.

--
Make Music, Not War

Dave Täht