[Bloat] some benchmarks from arstechnica

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 18:27:04 EST 2019

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 3:02 PM David Collier-Brown <davecb.42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think he understands that he's talking about page fetch time to an audience that won't believe that latency is like "latent fingerprints": stuff that hasn't shown (up) yet.
>
> Such folks annoy me (;-))

I'm not going to complain (much)! I am totally delighted not only by
the quality of the articles themselves, but by the comments of the
audience, which show an appreciation for reduced latency.  Similarly,
tim's work over here is stellar:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wi-fi-6-performance-roundup-five-routers-tested.59813/
- journalism, calling to task all the marketing claims, on the web! Am
I dreaming?

I did ask jim for clarification as to his methodology, here:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/12/amazons-inexpensive-eero-mesh-wi-fi-kit-is-shockingly-good/?comments=1&post=38427799

And I hope we can make a dent in ax next year!

> Note his quote usage in this:
>
> IMPORTANT NOTE about the -c {concurrency} option: if you ask for -c 10, each "page" will consist of 10 parallel fetches of URL, and the "latency" will be the amount of time it takes to get the last bit from the last concurrent child fetch.

yea...