[Bloat] Does VDSL interleaving+FEC help bufferbloat?

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 23:01:54 EST 2019

> On 3 Jan, 2019, at 11:38 pm, cloneman <bufferbloat at flamingpc.com> wrote:
>
> tl-dr; interesting to test weather interleave+FEC, a technology designed for layer 1 noise, can help with layer 3 ingress contention for resources.

I'm reasonably sure it has no effect on bufferbloat.  You're not even trying to measure latency in your tests so far, only packet loss, which is completely different.  Interleave would tend to increase baseline latency, but probably has no effect on the queue.

Only changing the queue length, or inserting an AQM (which shortens the *effective* queue length) would affect bufferbloat.

 - Jonathan Morton