[Bloat] How can I tell if fq_codel is running?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 20:13:30 EDT 2019

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 5:01 PM Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:

> --On Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:58 PM -0700 Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > see also
> > https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Wondershaper_Must_Die/
> >
> > and https://github.com/tohojo/sqm-scripts
>
> Coincidentally, I found sgm-scripts right after posting. What prereqs are
> there to using that? I'm poking through the code and it looks like it

I've lost track. u32, etc. You should have all the dependencies in
centos for the htb+fq_codel version to work.

> should work, although I don't know if the CentOS 7 kernel has cake.

What kernel is it? (uname -a)

Probably doesn't (linux 4.19). Out of tree build and related tc mods:

https://github.com/dtaht/sch_cake
https://github.com/dtaht/tc-adv

(or you can rebuild tc from iproute2 versions later than 4.19)

Tip of tree right now has preliminary "some congestion experienced"
(SCE) work in it. Don't turn it on unless you want to annoy cablelabs.

You don't really need sqm-scripts for cake, it's a  tc 1 liner for
outbound, 4 for inbound.

Regardless, you are in a world of hurt on these bandwidths, an
iptables firewall rule clamping mss may help also.