[Bloat] RPM for sqm-scripts

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Jul 31 15:37:23 EDT 2019

> On Jul 31, 2019, at 21:32, Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:
>
> I decided to try the sqm-scripts and created an RPM to make it easy to install/upgrade/uninstall on my CentOS 7 system. Here's the result:
>
> <https://sewingwitch.com/ken/Stuff/sqm-scripts/>

	Pretty cool! (Caveat: due to lack of a centos system I will not be able to actually test it)

> An initial attempt at using simple.qos on my system killed performance and the interface became unusuable, but I was probably too optimistic in setting the bandwidth numbers based on best response from speedtest-cli. I temporarily disabled it until I can test during off-hours.

	So maybe run the following to get some debug output:

SQM_DEBUG=1 SQM_VERBOSITY_MAX=10 /etc/init.d/sqm start ; tc -s qdisc ; tc -d qdisc ; SQM_DEBUG=1 SQM_VERBOSITY_MAX=10 /etc/init.d/sqm stop

I would hope that this should undo its damage at the end but will also capture the wedged state in between. Then again this still might lead to an unusable interface....

Best Regards
	Sebastian