[Bloat] transparenty bridge/tap with fq_codel

Dev dev at logicalwebhost.com
Mon Mar 11 19:01:36 EDT 2019

I built a transparent bridge on a Debian platform earlier running fq_codel between eth2 and eth3 as br0 which seemed to improve throughput.

Now, I’m wondering if there’s a way to copy some of those packets to another onboard NIC eth4 for analysis on another box on the network. How significant of a performance hit will this be on commodity hardware on my bridge throughput, and/or what is best practices? Has anyone already done this and made it work?