[Bloat] Configuring sqm-scripts on OpenWRT

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Sep 3 20:09:05 EDT 2019

I've been using Linux on a small business server for 20 years and started
messing with shaping back when Wondershaper was a thing, maybe 10 years
ago. I've flashed open source builds into my home router to get better
firmware but haven't really tuned it before.

I just installed the latest stable OpenWRT on my aging ZyXEL (the stock
firmware was crap) and installed the sqm-scripts opkg. On my CentOS server
I edited /etc/sqm/<iface>.conf and use systemd to launch the shaper. How do
I do that on OpenWRT?

I'm guessing there's no pretty Luci web admin thing for it. Pointers to how
to write one would be welcome. I'm sure others would love having GUI knobs
for it.