[Bloat] How about a topical LWN article on demonstrating the real-world goodness of CAKE?

Tom Henderson tomh at tomh.org
Mon Aug 10 11:08:49 EDT 2020

> so after much tweaking, I've got cake set to 40mbit down, 20mbit up,
> enforced by two cakes (one for each NIC). that's fairly low --

Thanks for sharing this configuration experience, but it leads me back
to a question I have about best current practice for deployment.  Can
CAKE/SQM handle dynamic Wi-Fi bandwidth due to Wi-Fi rate control
selecting lower MCS to increase range, or does it rely on first getting
the Wi-Fi deployed so that it has strong signal everywhere, and then
finding a CAKE shaping rate that shaves off a few Mb/s from the highest
capacity MCS so that the bottleneck always lands on the CAKE AQM?  It
seems like the deployment that you shared with a separate router will
require a predictable Wi-Fi rate, but I am wondering more about the case
in which CAKE is deployed on the AP.

- Tom