[Bloat] How about a topical LWN article on demonstrating the real-world goodness of CAKE?

Carlos R. Pasqualini carlos.pasqualini at uner.edu.ar
Mon Aug 10 15:13:36 EDT 2020

Great topic, indeed!

We (almost?) all know that we can put a linux box between our network and
the Internet and apply cake on the WAN interface (may be an ingress too)
and most of the bufferbloat problems disappear

One thing I suggest is to bring more cake awareness in other communities
and commercial products to support it.

As an example, a was unable to find a way to get cake on pfSense/opnSense
(may be FreeBSD doesn't support cake?) only something similar to fq_codel.

In worst shape, are products like Mikrotik, used by quite a few "network
professionals" and some ISPs, where I was unable to find any way to get
ride of bufferbloat

Thanks!

Carlos Pasqualini
+5493454040137