[Bloat] How about a topical LWN article on demonstrating the real-world goodness of CAKE?

Daniel Sterling sterling.daniel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 10:09:35 EDT 2020

as far as I know it's much simpler; I literally just turn on cake per
NIC with the correct settings applied for my environment

the env settings that matter are: which NIC is WAN vs LAN; and how
much bandwidth you want cake to enforce.

Also I find I get best results with "besteffort" vs using any of
cake's internal additional queues. I don't have enough visibility into
how cake is working to know what exactly is happening, and it may be
I'm confounding cake with some other env issue, but I've stuck with
besteffort due to seeing more latency when I turn on multiple cake
queues