[Bloat] Excessive throttling with fq

Alexey Ivanov savetherbtz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 01:58:01 EST 2020

FWIW, we recently noticed a similar issue with our CUBIC senders after
we've enabled FQ on them (4.15 kernel.)

Disabling train detection in hystart did fix the problem:

# echo 2 > /sys/module/tcp_cubic/parameters/hystart_detect

[1]
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/net/ipv4/tcp_cubic.c#L76-L77