[Bloat] Can't Run Tests Against netperf.bufferbloat.net

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Wed Feb 5 16:55:30 EST 2020

On 2/5/20 6:49 AM, Rich Brown wrote:

> - I use iptables to log all netperf connections. I see a pattern of
> certain IP addresses that seem to be firing off a test every five
> minutes, 24 x 7 for days at a time.

This smells like a munin or smokeping plugin (or some other sort of
monitoring) gathering data for graphing.

I have wanted something like this to graph bandwidth, latency, packet
loss over time. If we could come up with a lighter weight way of doing
this (or using a speedtest.net type service) that would be nice to have.

I recently went from having a comcast cable modem where the bottleneck
was in the modem, to a centurylink gig fiber where my bandwidth depends
on what the neighbors are doing, which makes tuning SQM difficult...
Thus my desire to start monitoring things.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org