[Bloat] pacing, applied differently than bbr

Taran Lynn taranlynn0 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 11:39:05 EST 2020

Here's a paper and slides on work that has built on this research
[1][2]. They were presented at the 2019 Buffer Workshop. A paper should
also be posted on arXiv soon that has more details of the actual
algorithm, which has been slightly updated since the workshop. Currently
we're trying to improve the algorithm's performance and fairness. So far
we've seen pretty good reductions in RTT (hopefully you'll see more
papers in the future). We're also learning some things from BBR and the
challenges it faced.

P.S. If you're wondering why the math looks significantly different than
in the original paper, it's because a lot of progress has already been
made :).

[1] http://buffer-workshop.stanford.edu/papers/paper14.pdf
[2] http://buffer-workshop.stanford.edu/slides/mpc.pdf