[Bloat] bufferbloat course correction, stanford's cs244

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:07:44 EDT 2020

Dear nick, bruce, sachin:

It would really cheer me up if you also demonstrated to your students
what happens to tcp, with extreme bufferbloat so commonly seen today,
with a test at, say, 10000, packets.

your default of 100 packets in the course... (
https://web.stanford.edu/class/cs244/pa1.html )

is far far less compared to the mess in the field today, and the
behaviors of the network under such extreme conditions
counter-intuitive.

Last week we finally fixed the QCA ath10k. Here's a before/after:

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/aql-and-the-ath10k-is-lovely/59002

In looking over your schedule (
https://web.stanford.edu/class/cs244/timetable.html )...

... Also would it be too much to ask if y'all could add one more paper
to your class on 4/16? For contrast?

--
Make Music, Not War

Dave Täht