[Bloat] Still seeing bloat with a DOCSIS 3.1 modem

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Mar 25 02:19:19 EDT 2020

So, for higher bandwidth plans people started using raspberry pi4bs with an additional usb3 Ethernet dongle. Its WiFi is not really up for the task but it does seem to make a mean wired only router, the quad A76 cores seem to be capable to reliably shape up to 1 gigabit with cpu cycles to spare.
So maybe get one of those and change your old wifi router into a wifi AP?

Disclaimer, I have not tried that myself, as I am on a 100/40 plan and already have a router well capable of that speed.

Best Regards
        Sebastian