[Bloat] dslreports is no longer free

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Thu May 7 21:33:04 EDT 2020

A request to Sergey,

As a long-time lurker on this list, I lament the passing of DSLReports, and applaud Netflix for incorporating latency measurements into its Fast.com page.

However, I have always been vaguely unsettled that "Show more info" displays a single latency value for the two separate "processes" - downloading and uploading - and the fact that uploading seems to overwrite the download value.

I imagine that you have already considered this but I have come to realize that simply displaying separate values for these latencies would address my unease - something along the lines of this photoshopped screen shot.

Thanks again for providing the Fast.com service - it's useful for me every day.

Rich Brown

PS Yes, my DSL download speed really is < 1mbps today. Dratted ISP...