[Bloat] We built a new bufferbloat test and keen for feedback

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 16:22:19 EST 2020

It's great that you're tackling this problem. In addition to various speed test websites, it's worth comparing your results to the other tests we use for measuring bufferbloat. You probably know about these, but I figured I would list them for completeness:

1) Flent.org - the gold standard that provides repeatable, measurable results. See also the RRUL Chart Explanation for Cliff Notes about how to read the resulting plots. https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/RRUL_Chart_Explanation/

2) betterspeedtest.sh - an easy-to-run script that fires off a ping test, then runs netperf to generate upload and download traffic. https://github.com/richb-hanover/OpenWrtScripts#betterspeedtestsh

Since these are not web-based, their results may not match yours, although it would be good to be able to explain differences.

Best regards,

Rich Brown