[Bloat] BBR implementations, knobs to turn?

erik.taraldsen at telenor.com erik.taraldsen at telenor.com
Thu Nov 19 02:57:04 EST 2020

Update:
The 5G router was connected to a new base station.  Now the limiting factor of throughput is the policer on the PGW in mobile core, not the radio link itself.  The SIM card used is limited to 30Mbit/s.  This scenario favours the new server.  I have attached graphs comparing radio link limited vs PGW policer results, and a zoomed in graph of the policer

We have Huawei RAN and Ericsson RAN, rate limited and not rate limited subscriptions, 4G and 5G access, and we are migrating to a new core with new PGW (policer).  Starting to be a bit of a matrix to set up tests for.

-Erik