[Bloat] netperf server news

Dave Collier-Brown dave.collier-brown at indexexchange.com
Tue Oct 6 20:42:11 EDT 2020

Number?

One or two that were complete and successful.  Maybe five unsuccessful tries.

More of a sequence than a time-period: u{1-5}s{1-2}

--daev

On 2020-10-06 4:40 p.m., Rich Brown wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Some responses:

1) I'm glad that people are seeing reasonable speeds from the VPS. (I don't know what I can do to make it go faster, so I'm relieved...)

2) I don't think I posed the right question for the number-of-tests threshold. (Most of the responses were like, "Sure, that sounds like enough..." Let me reframe the question:

        In your normal testing/troubleshooting process, what is the maximum number of tests YOU might need to run in any two-day period?

3) If you can't get through to netperf.bufferbloat.net, send me your IP address because it might have been blacklisted.

Thanks!

Rich