[Bloat] Detecting FQ at the bottleneck

David Collier-Brown davecb.42 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 14:51:20 EDT 2020

That technique seems interesting, but are they addressing the right
/problem/?

They note that delay-based congestion control is better, but old
loss-based control out-competes it, so they propose to stop using delay
in that case.

Logically, I'd prefer delay-based control to detect when the other end
is transmitting aggressively, try to signal it to slow down using it's
preferred signalling, and if that fails, beat the aggressor over the
head with packet drops until the other end starts to behave itself (;-))

--dave