[Bloat] CAKE in openwrt high CPU

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Tue Sep 1 12:11:35 EDT 2020

Jonathan Foulkes <jf at jonathanfoulkes.com> writes:

> Toke, that link returns a 404 for me.

Ah, seems an extra character snuck in at the end - try this:

https://github.com/dtaht/sch_cake/commit/3152477235c934022049fcddc063c45d37ec10e6

> For others, I’ve found that testing cake throughput with isolation options enabled is tricky if there are many competing connections.
> Like I keep having to tell my customers, fairness algorithms mean no one device will ever gain 100% of the bandwidth so long as there are other open & active connections from other devices.
>
> That said, I’d love to find options to increase throughput for
> single-tin configs.

Yeah, doing something about this is on my list, one way or another. Not
sure how much more we can do in terms of overhead, so we may have to go
for multi-q (and multi-CPU) support. How many CPU cores does the
IQrouter have?

-Toke