[Bloat] [EXTERNAL] Re: Of interest: Comcast AQM Paper

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at comcast.com
Thu Aug 5 13:37:41 EDT 2021

That is the XB3 - see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/broadband-gateways-userguides. It is DOCSIS 3.0 and you should definitely replace it. I will ping you 1:1.

On 8/1/21, 17:01, "Kenneth Porter" <shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:

    --On Sunday, August 01, 2021 9:28 PM +0000 "Livingood, Jason via Bloat"
    <bloat at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

    > The "XB3" definitely lacks it - as it's DOCSIS 3.0-based. You may be
    > eligible for a replacement, depending on your speed tier. Take a look at
    > https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://customer.xfinity.com/*/devices__;Iw!!CQl3mcHX2A!UtxGWv5Ip9TPlLZIevdwcd1p5SZMUHq4XhANtaC17OhRCvEI5YADBjD349c3imPEbenwGA$  and see what that says. If that
    > does not have anything that let's you replace it then send me an email
    > 1:1 and I'll assist. Optimally you'll want an XB7 but an XB6 would also
    > work fine based on your config. (and I wish it could do more of what you
    > need on other areas)

    How would I know which one I have? I can't find a model number on it and
    the web page "Gateway > Hardware > System Hardware" only shows the base
    model number of TG1682G, no suffix. Hardware Revision is 11.0.

    I'd also consider buying my own, which might address my DHCP issue if the
    downloaded firmware doesn't take that away from me.