[Bloat] Possibly interesting video on atomic clocks

Michael Yartys michael.yartys at protonmail.com
Tue Aug 24 14:00:08 EDT 2021

Hi

Linus Tech Tips just made a pretty interesting video about atomic clocks in computers and why they're useful. From what I understand, timing is important in networking, and that's why I thought this video might be interesting to this list. One example from the video: facebook managed to increase throughput by x100 in their data centres due to not having to add a 20 ms delay to each request to compensate for drifting clocks. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK3eTGkX6qY

Michael