[Bloat] happy to see performance measurement and analytics becoming a "thing"

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 13:46:46 EST 2021

https://www.broadcom.com/company/news/financial-releases/59756

Sure wish that more companies though were utilizing things like flent
and deeply analyzing packet captures. I spent the last few days
testing out
cake, fq-codel and sfq on mikrotik's 7.1 release here:
https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?p=898017#p897881

(you need an account for the pictures), and I had many a teaching
moment - the enthusiastic tester there did things like try BBRv2 on
me, and i had to infer various other problems on the path from the
pictures and captures before figuring out that ecn and maybe even dscp
seems to be a problem in that release, the AT&T modem, or somewhere on
the path. I hope one day, an AI can replace me, or some company
somewhere, find value in doing detailed analysis like this.

--
I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC