[Bloat] Updated Bufferbloat Test

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Feb 25 04:47:17 EST 2021

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021, Sina Khanifar wrote:

> https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

I thought I just wanted to confirm that the tool seems to accurately seems
to measure even higher speeds.

This is my 1000/1000 debloated with FQ_CODEL to 900/900:

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=1ad173ce-9b9f-483c-842c-ea5cc08c2ff6

This is with SQM removed:

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=67168eb7-f7e2-44eb-9720-0dd52c725e8c

My ISP has told me that they have a 10ms FIFO in my downstream direction,
and openwrt defaults with FQ_CODEL in the upstream direction, and this
seems to be accurately reflected in what the tool shows.

Also my APU2 can't really keep up with 900/900 I think, because when I
set SQM to 500/500 I get very tightly controlled PDV:

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=58626d8c-2eea-43f9-9904-b1ec43f28235

Tool looks good, I like it! Thanks!

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se