[Bloat] Trouble Installing PPing in MacOS

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sat Feb 27 11:00:35 EST 2021

Jason Iannone <jason.iannone at gmail.com> writes:

> Beyond getting acquainted with a new dataset? I'm a transit network that
> supports, among other traffic types, science flows. I think new monitoring
> methods can help identify targets for intervention.

Right, I meant more in terms of deployment: are you looking to run this
as an always-on monitor on a middlebox, or are you just running ad-hoc
measurements on a client device?

I ask because we have a PhD student working on a re-implementation of
pping in BPF, the goal of which is precisely to be able to run as an
always-on monitor:
https://github.com/xdp-project/bpf-examples/tree/master/pping

So any insights into what you're thinking of doing with the tool would
potentially be helpful - adding in Simon, who's writing the code.

-Toke