[Bloat] Trouble Installing PPing in MacOS

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sat Feb 27 11:49:41 EST 2021

Jason Iannone <jason.iannone at gmail.com> writes:

> Ideally, always on monitoring and export at the PE. An incremental first
> step in an adhoc off box tester, maybe deployed with the perfsonar suite.

Right. Are any of those boxes Linux-based? Otherwise the BPF
implementation is not much use to you :)

> Meaningfully visualizing the output seems challenging. Do you have any
> insights on that part?

No concrete plans yet, but the obvious thing that comes to mind is
looking for latency variation within flows, possibly correlating it with
rate. I tried to do something with the Measurement Labs NDT dataset some
years back:

https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/2999572.2999603

For a middlebox monitor, the most interesting for identifying possible
interventions is to figure out which path the data corresponds to.
Depends a little on the network topology and the position of the
middlebox what would be a good way to do that...

-Toke