[Bloat] Openwrt stability?

Daniel Sterling sterling.daniel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 11:49:58 EST 2021

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 11:10 AM Michael Richardson <mcr at sandelman.ca> wrote:

> Stephen Hemminger <stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:
>     > Any idea how to debug this? Is there a way to get serial console?
>
> It depends upon your device, but in most cases, open the case, find the pins,
> attach USB/TTL interface.  Some newish devices (Turris MOX, for instance),
> annoyingly need 1.8V TTL interfaces, which are harder to find and more
> expensive. ($20 vs $3)

Best option may be to just buy better supported hardware :)

I've been running openwrt on a small mobile-class PC (sandy bridge
celeron) and then just using stock UBNT SOHO (amplifi HD) access
points for the wifi itself. This is working rather well. The amplifi
units have buffers that are too big but that's mitigated on the
openwrt side with cake