[Bloat] fq_codel defaulting in debian kernels

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 12:06:38 EST 2021

I'd noticed that a lot of debian derived distros especially in arm
(armbian is where I noticed it) had fq_codel enabled by systemd but
not built by default
in their default_defconfig for that arch.

debian's fixing that apparently, but perhaps building it right needs
to go into kernel mainline.

https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/-/merge_requests/309

More info as to this init problem:
https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg1784534.html

Similarly I wouldn't mind if cake got built more....

--
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman

dave at taht.net <Dave Täht> CTO, TekLibre, LLC Tel: 1-831-435-0729