[Bloat] Bechtolschiem

Dave Collier-Brown davecb.42 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 13:50:56 EDT 2021

It's written to look like an academic paper, but it's pure marketing.
"Memory is cheap, we used a lot, so let's select some evidence that
argues this is a good thing."

As always with the coin-operated, the way to get them to change is to
offer additional information which

  * captures their attention,

and, more importantly

  * offers them a cheap way to /make more money/.

For example, a software change that make their big buffers not fill up
with elephants...

--dave

dave.collier-brown at indexexchange.com |              -- Mark Twain