[Bloat] Credit and/or collaboration on a responsiveness metric?

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Jul 7 04:00:37 EDT 2021

Well compared to simply using the "raw" latency increase under load number and describe this as a cost or price (so everybody intuitively understands lower is better), the frequency approach drags in a not strictly necessary division. That raw period/duration nicely avoids all the issues that appear once the period/divisor gets (close to) zero... Also, I like to think about delay in terms of havin a budget (for specific use cases) and I think it useful to be able to decompose that aggregate budget into terms for individual delay introducing steps.

But people clearly did not flock to to raw RTT numbers, so my intuition apparently is not useful guidance...