[Bloat] Really getting 1G out of ISP?

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at comcast.com
Tue Jun 22 18:51:18 EDT 2021

> It doesn't help that all the local ISP's claim 10Mbit upload even with 1G download. Is this a head end provisioning problem or related to Docsis 3.0 (or later) modems?

I'll cover this in an upcoming technical paper (mid-July I hope). Depending on the DOCSIS version, CMTS, and cable modems involved you may have no AQM, or buffer controls for the cable modem, or AQM (sort of) on the CMTS and in the cable modem. In the Comcast network you should find AQM in the upstream queue on the cable modems for which we have deployed RDK-B software (XB6 and XB7), while other devices would have buffer controls.

JL