[Bloat] HardenedBSD implementation of CAKE

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 05:53:56 EST 2021

> On 2 Mar, 2021, at 2:59 am, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My major doubting point about a port was the
> resolution of the kernel clock. Linux has a high quality hirres clock,
> BSDs didn't seem capable of scheduling on less than a 1ms tick at the
> time I last paid attention.

This is actually something Cake's shaper can already cope with.  I did some testing on an ancient PC that didn't have HPET hardware, so timer interrupts only had 1ms resolution even on Linux.  This merely results in small bursts of traffic at 1ms intervals, which collectively add up to the configured rate.

 - Jonathan Morton