[Bloat] Educate colleges on tcp vs udp

Taraldsen Erik erik.taraldsen at telenor.no
Fri May 21 02:01:49 EDT 2021

I'm getting some traction with my colleges in the Mobile department on measurements to to say something about user experience.  While they are coming around to the idea, they have major gaps in tcp/udp/ip understanding.  I don't have the skill or will to try and educate them.

Is there good education out there - preferably in the form of an video - which I can send to my co workers?  The part of tcp using ack's is pure magic to them.  They really struggle to grasp the concept.  With so basic lack of understanding it is hard to have a meaningful discussion about loss, latency an buffering.

I don't mean to talk them down to much, they are really good with the radio part of their job - but the transition into seeing tcp and radio together is very hard on them.

-Erik