[Bloat] Educate colleges on tcp vs udp

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Sun May 23 17:02:05 EDT 2021

> On 23 May, 2021, at 9:47 pm, Erik Auerswald <auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de> wrote:
>
> As an additional point to consider when pondering whether to
> use TCP or UDP:
>
> To mitigate that simple request-response protocols using UDP
> lend themselves to being abused for reflection and amplification…

I suspect such considerations are well beyond the level of education requested here.  I think what was being asked for was "how do these protocols work, and why do they work that way, in language suitable for people working in a different field", rather than "which one should I use for X application".

 - Jonathan Morton