[Bloat] 250ms at 100Mbit fiber/cable

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Wed Nov 17 13:04:20 EST 2021

On 11/17/21 9:28 AM, Dave Taht wrote:
> I find the data cluster over here at 250ms/100Mbit kind of worrisome:
>
> https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/bufferbloat?up=1

That graph is amazing! Things I noticed:
* clear division between technologies in bandwidth
* the log scales are a great way to visualize things
* you can make out the different bandwidth "tiers" that cable providers
offer
* fiber doesn't seem to show such tiers as much
* DSL really drops off around 12mbit as expected, but there are some
well above that. User error when running the test?

I really like best/worst lists at the bottom.

How could this graph/data be used to measure progress on the bufferbloat
front? It would be neat to have an animation over time and hopefully
watch the points drift to the left.

What if the graph had the ability to toggle data sets on/off:
* by technology
* by ISP
* by region

Thanks for pointing it out