[Bloat] Fwd: Interop runner with satellite links

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Fri Oct 1 03:49:30 EDT 2021

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 12:32:01PM -0700, Dave Taht wrote:
> of interest to the bufferbloat lost. Nice work sebastian!

The web site gives an emulated RTT of 600ms.

When I worked on satellite based IP connectivity for cargo ships ten
years ago, I saw minimum (unloaded) RTTs of about 1.1s (1100ms) for both
LEO (Iridium back then) and GEO based systems.  Thus 600ms RTT seems
quite optimistic to me, at least from the point of view of a user of
satellite systems.

Thanks,
Erik
--
It's impossible to learn very much by simply sitting in a lecture,
or even by simply doing problems that are assigned.