[Bloat] SIGCOMM MIT paper: Starvation in e2e congestion control

Venkat Arun venkatarun95 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 00:28:31 EDT 2022

Hi Dave,

Yes definitely, when fair-queuing is present, the onus is no longer on the
congestion control algorithm to ensure fairness. In fact, if buffer-sharing
is implemented correctly, FQ can even stand against adversarial congestion
control algorithms. We have good reason to believe that end-to-end
congestion control algorithms can provably work (i.e. achieve high
utilization, bounded delay and fairness) in the presence of FQ.

Cheers,
Venkat