[Bloat] Ookla - Introducing a Better Measure of Latency

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Thu May 12 16:11:33 EDT 2022

Hi Christoph,

nice! Thanks for posting.

For Android (and iOS) Ookla's speedtest app now reports a "Detailed result" page which contains:
1) Upload and download rates (albeit without information what exactly was measured)
2) Data volume used per direction (but not the precise duration of the test)
3) Idle, download, upload responsiveness measures:
(probably) the average, the jitter, the minimum, and the maximum
4) Packet loss percentage

This is quite an improvement and achievement! I would wish for a bit more information about the details, like how was latency exactly measured, how many probes were used per direction and what are the individual delay values...

Unfortunately, the macos client seems not yet updated and the web based test also still only reports the idle RTT. I hope it is only a matter of time for those to be updated.

Regards
	Sebastian