[Bloat] Precision Time Protocol (PTP)

David Lang david at lang.hm
Tue Nov 22 14:10:20 EST 2022

As I understand PTP, you can't get 'acceptable' accuracy with general purpose
hardware.

'acceptable' as defined by the time geeks.

unfortunantly, their insistance on perfection seems to be blocking anything
better than ntp.

A few years ago I found PTP and thought it would be interesting to use to try to
time music playing from multiple devices (fireworks shows), but could not find
any implementation that could easily be used.

David Lang