[Bloat] [Make-wifi-fast] The most wonderful video ever about bufferbloat

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sat Oct 22 16:13:45 EDT 2022

Hi Dave,

> On Oct 22, 2022, at 20:58, Dave Taht via Bloat <bloat at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
>
> I did finally come up with a better analogy.
>
> Imagine, instead, 1024 checkers all waiting, all the time, just for you!

	Assuming the flow hash works well enough and the number of flows is small enough compared to the number of hash bins, this might be easier described as having an individual cashier per customer.
	However this has a certain Kafka ring to it, see https://homepage.univie.ac.at/st.mueller/kafka_english.html

> (this is similar to how frys electronics used to work)

	I only remember the fancy store design they had, each location different; I confess I actually stopped on trips to "visit" different novel Fry's locations.

> It's a computer! None of them have to get paid! It only costs 8k of
> memory to have them there!

	But that still leaves the problem that the buildings egress capacity is limited and it might not be able to allow one customer per cashier to leave at the very same time.

> I'd actually like to do a followup video with that guru floating above
> the cart, and maybe talk to wifi.

	Are we sure what the guru is supposed to say yet? (Also didn't AmigaOS call some of its errors Guru Meditation? Apparently it did, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_Meditation).

Regards
	Sebastian