[Bloat] my understanding latency talk

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 16:55:43 EST 2023

I am very pleased with all the talks given so far in the understanding
latency conference (I hope many of you are attending?), so much so
that I no longer know what to say wednesday morning. I wanted to wax
philosophical, and look forward to a brighter future next year... and
I enjoyed collaborating with y'all on the fcc filing (more sigs
wanted!)

Anyway if anyone would like to pull out a favorite before/after graph,
or share a story, or help find a way to focus this on no more than
three points, all the help is tremendously appreciated for the past 14
years. Me, I have been reflecting on Zen and the art of motorcycle
maintenance and on the ideas of "flow",

"Flow is a state of mind that occurs when a person is totally immersed
in an activity. It can occur during a wide variety of tasks such as
when a person is learning, being creative, or participating in a
sport. When in a flow state, people pay no attention to distractions
and time seems to pass without any notice." - which at the moment I do
not actually have, having had way too many distractions over the past
few weeks. I keep hoping for some universal enlightenment experience,
a lightbulb moment for networked humanity.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Rk2b7RXh5-KqQyOAkRbg9dgC3ZmZodR3rZlL5lNQv34/edit?usp=sharing

--
:( My old R&D campus is up for sale: https://tinyurl.com/yurtlab
Dave Täht CSO, LibreQos