[Bloat] Fwd: [bbr-dev] Linux TCP BBRv3 open source release and IETF 117 talk video and slides [2023/07/25]

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 14:19:50 EDT 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: 'Neal Cardwell' via BBR Development <bbr-dev at googlegroups.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 8:56 AM
Subject: [bbr-dev] Linux TCP BBRv3 open source release and IETF 117
talk video and slides [2023/07/25]
To: BBR Development <bbr-dev at googlegroups.com>

Hi all,

A few quick announcements from the BBR team at Google:

(1) We pushed an update to the Linux TCP BBR code to github on Tuesday:
     https://github.com/google/bbr/blob/v3/README.md
  This contains several important bug fixes and a few significant
performance tuning improvements.

(2) We are bumping the algorithm version number from v2 to v3 since
the bug fixes fix some important issues in bandwidth convergence, so
that many conclusions about BBRv2 will no longer apply to BBRv3.

(3)  We presented a summary of the updates and plans at the IETF  on Tuesday:

[YouTube] [slides] BBRv3: Algorithm Updates and Public Internet
Deployment - IETF 117 - CCWG (Jul 2023)

best regards,
neal

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bbr-dev/CADVnQymcOaHJhjCkrYjuCYdrX3yPf6S3hop%2B6_CynTdXkcmtxw%40mail.gmail.com.