[Bloat] Dual WAN home router with decent SQM?

Nils Andreas Svee me at lochnair.net
Sun Jun 4 09:07:35 EDT 2023

Hi

The EdgeRouter line does have load balancing as well as SQM (htb + fq_codel),
so one of those should cover your needs.

Of note, CAKE is not built-in to the firmware if you care about it,
but support can be compiled

With your current bandwidth, I'd guess an EdgeRouter Lite would to weak,
but the EdgeRouter X or more powerful would do the job well.

Keep in mind though, that as far as I can tell, the EdgeMax line is basically on life support,
and only receives some security fixes once in a blue moon.

Mikrotik's RouterOS devices supports load balancing / failover and SQM I believe,
so there might be an option for you there, but as I've never used them personally,
I can't comment beyond that.

Best Regards
Nils