[Bloat] [LibreQoS] [Rpm] [Starlink] On FiWi

Robert McMahon rjmcmahon at rjmcmahon.com
Tue Mar 14 14:14:00 EDT 2023

It's not  discrete routers. It's more like a transceiver. WiFi is already splitting at the MAC for MLO. I perceive two choices for the split, one at the PHY DAC or, two, a minimalist 802.3 tunneling of 802.11 back to the FiWi head end. Use 802.3 to leverage merchant silicon supporting up to 200 or so RRHs or even move the baseband DSP there. I think a split PHY may not work well but a thorough eng analysis is still warranted.

Bob

Get BlueMail for Android