[Bloat] [Starlink] [Rpm] On FiWi

rjmcmahon rjmcmahon at rjmcmahon.com
Fri Mar 17 16:57:24 EDT 2023

I'm curious as to why the detectors have to be replaced every 10 years.
Regardless, modern sensors could give a thermal map of the entire
complex 24x7x365. Fire officials would have a better set of eyes when
they showed up as the sensor system & network could provide thermals as
a time series.

Also, another "killer app" for Boston is digital image correlation & the
cameras monitor stresses and strains on historic buildings valued at
about $10M each. And that's undervalued because they're really
irreplaceable. Similar for some in the Netherladns. Monitoring the
groundwater with samples every 4 mos is ok - better to monitor the
structure itself 24x7x365.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/digital-image-correlation
https://www.bostongroundwater.org/

Bob