[Bloat] [L4s-discuss] Understanding Latency 2.0 - Free Webinar Series: December 11-13, 2023 @ 4PM CET | 10AM EST | 7AM PST

rjmcmahon rjmcmahon at rjmcmahon.com
Mon Nov 27 12:17:58 EST 2023

I'm a late edition as a speaker. I'll go over, very briefly,

o) Why latency engineers should use iperf 2 over iperf 3
o) Clock sync options for one way delay (OWD), GPS pps & PTP
o) Iperf 2 latency metrics
o) Little's Law and bufferbloat displacement units in memory (packets,
bytes)
o) WiFi low latency table
o) Sense of urgency reminder - low latency networks aren't just needed
for high frequency traders

Also, I'll be presenting a similar presentation for the FCC TAC soon.

Let me know if any of your engineering teams need a longer presentation,
e.g. WiFi latency technologies, tools, and metrics. Or how to build WiFi
test rigs with variable channel conditions and statistical process
controls. Or why iperf 2 is preferred and how a united group behind
iperf 2 could help move things along.

Bob