[Bloat] lists.bufferbloat.net is back up

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 15:14:36 EDT 2023

The increase in traffic volume here triggered a spamcop alert (when I
did reach out to all my existing lists),
automatically triggered a complaint, a 3 day holding period that I
ignored since it was just the one report, which then shutdown the
server we were on, until I managed to express fully to a human to fix
it an hour ago.

Honestly... this seems a quite reasonable approach - and probably not
rapid enough in an era where a million vms can be spun up and down in
seconds.

I would like to thank those humans at linode that overrode the automation!

And also, if there is anyone more up to date on modern email standards
today (such as dmarc), and knows how to deploy, please get back to me
privately. I treasure email for multiple reasons (and things like
netiquette) - my counter example of not wanting a forum would the
short life and death of google+. Everyone retains their own copies of
all that was said, it used to be easily indexed, and various other
things left unsolved by modern tech of the moment. It can be better by
using better email clients, and rigorous netiquette... and responses
are not limited to 1k or less in size, although many might prefer our
discussions be shorter, not longer.

And for all that, I miss usenet.

--
Oct 30: https://netdevconf.info/0x17/news/the-maestro-and-the-music-bof.html